Calming for Dogs is a calming supplement chew designed to support relaxation?especially during times of increased stress. When your dog is cowering because of the nearby thunderstorm or dealing with you leaving the house for the day by exhibiting stress behaviors, Calming for Dogs is the perfect way to support calm behaviors without sedation. No herbals! Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. Store in a cool, dry place. For use in dogs only. For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. Your pet may consider this a treat. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately. RECOMMENDED FOR :
- Changes to environment
- Veterinary or grooming visits
- Boredom or separation anxiety
- Fireworks and thunderstorms
- Boarding or kenneling
- Holidays and parties
- Moving or traveling ABOUT THE FORMULA: Colostrum Calming Complex® Biopeptide Blend is isolated from colostrum proteins, which have a calming effect on animals. These bioactive proteins have been found to support cognitive function and help manage normal stress. The Colostrum Calming Complex® Biopeptide Blend works synergistically with the L-Theanine in this formula to promote relaxation and cognition in dogs. L-Theanine supports calming and relaxation and may reduce irritability and low mood states. L-Theanine has been extensively researched for its ability to manage normal stress, anxiety, and unwanted behavior. L-Theanine is a naturally occurring amino acid found in green tea that is a derivative of the neurotransmitter glutamic acid. It helps the body produce other calming amino acids, such as dopamine, GABA and tryptophan and it helps bring certain neurotransmitters into balance. Studies on L-Theanine showed reduced anxiety-related behavior in dogs without adverse effect or drowsiness; dogs were alert, playful, and calmer in stressful situations. Thiamine (Vitamin B1) may help to manage stress and reduce irritability. Thiamine has been shown to affect the central nervous system to help calm and soothe anxious animals. A lack of thiamine can cause mental confusion, muscular weakness, muscle spasms, nervousness, reduced appetite, or weight loss during periods of stress.
- Supports calm behavior in anxious or stressed dogs
- Can be given daily or as needed
- Safe to double or triple dose during times of increased stress
- Tasy chicken liver-flavored chew dogs love
Brewers yeast, calcium sulfate, canola oil, chicken liver flavor, citric acid, glycerin, maltodextrin, mixed tocopherols, propionic acid, rosemary extract, silicon dioxide, sodium alginate, soy lecithin, vegetable oil. Active Ingredients Per 1 Chew : Thiamine (Vitamin B1) (65mg), Colostrum Calming Complex® Biopeptide Blend (9mg), L-Theanine (8.5mg).